Garage Doors South Africa - Looking for a great garage door deal? We make it easy to get garage door quotes.
"Fill in the quote form and we will get garage door companies in your area to email you free, no obligation quotes today. This service is 100% free and available from anywhere in South Africa."
Garage Doors South Africa - Get garage door quotes from companies in your area
There are many factors to consider when deciding on the perfect garage door to choose to complete your home. The major considerations are style, material used, and price. You can go for the standard garage door stock on offer, or customize the design. Of course, however, the added extras come at a price. Variations that impact the price include the material used (metal vs. wood), insertion of glass or stylish designed panels as well as the quality of the insulation.
For All your garage door requirements in South Africa
Automatic Garage Door Openers
If you decide to opt for an electric or automatic garage door, there are various factors you need to consider, these include:
- Type of drive: From the selection of belt drives, screw drives and chain drives; the factors to consider would be the ease of installation, maintenance required, noise factor and cost.
- Power: Normal or standard garage doors require ½ horsepower, whereas heavier doors need to be powered by ¾ horsepower models.
- Size of door: Double garage door or single garage door – need to determine width and height.
- Safety features: It is extremely important for a safety mechanism to be installed that will stop and reverse a closing door when an object passes beneath it. This mechanism can prevent damage to pets, people and cars.
- Security features: If the garage door opener is controlled via a code that needs to be entered, this is an added security feature compared to regular remotes and it will be unlikely that a burglar will gain access to the code.
- Remote control: If there is more than one door, the opener will require additional controls. One control to open each door, as a single button will only open one door.
- Wall control pad: A wall-mounted control pad is a significant feature of the better quality door openers. This control pad can be used to open or close the garage door, as well as switch the lights on and off.
Servicing of remote garage doors
The convenience of having a remote garage door unfortunately comes at a price. However, the luxury of not having to stop your car and get out to physically open the garage door, particularly in bad weather, is worth it! The issue that comes with remote garage doors is the automatic assembly which is vulnerable to breakdown and thus requires maintenance and servicing. From loud grinding noises and doors getting stuck to inefficient springs, worn out wheels and weak cables, all these problems are a possibility and therefore your garage door should be serviced regularly.
But how often? The frequency depends of various factors, however all garage doors should be serviced at least once a year. For higher quality doors with robust mechanical parts, an annual service is sufficient. However, garage doors of a lower quality and those that are used frequently will need to be serviced at least twice a year.
The service of a garage door includes:
- Inspection of all mechanical elements in the assembly
- Repairing of any faulty or damaged part
- Greasing of gears, pulleys and other movable parts
- Replacement of all parts worn out beyond repair
With regular maintenance and servicing of your garage door not only will it function efficiently as if it was new, it will also prolong the life of your remote garage door.
For the installation and servicing of your garage door, complete the quote form at the top of the page with your requirements and contact details and you will receive four no obligation quotes from our reputable garage door specialists.